Vergenoeg Mining Company is now accepting applications for their bursary programme for the 2024 academic year. Applications can be submitted online not later than 16:00 on the 31st of January 2024.
VERGENOEG MINING COMPANY BURSARY - 2024
About the Vergenoeg Mining Company Bursary
The Vergenoeg Mining Company bursary program's main objective is to provide financial support to South African students so they can pursue their tertiary education and meet their academic objectives. The bursary program also seeks to develop a competent labour force for the mining industry, that can contribute to Vergenoeg Mining Company in the future.
FIELD OF STUDY
The bursary programme is open to students who are pursuing or want to pursue an undergraduate qualification in the following fields:
- Mining Engineering
- BSc Geology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Plant (Lab Chemistry/ Metallurgy)
NOTE: 2 bursaries will be given to students pursuing other qualifications that do not fall under the above fields.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE VERGENOEG MINING COMPANY BURSARY
To qualify for the Vergenoeg Mining Company Bursary you must meet the following requirements:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must have completed Matric
- Must have achieved a minimum of Level 5 in ALL subjects in Matric
- Must be studying/intend on studying a degree or diploma qualifications in the above fields.
- Must be studying or intending on studying at a university or University of Technology in South Africa.
- Must not be a beneficiary of any other funding including NSFAS
- If currently studying; must have achieved a minimum of 60%+ for the 2023 academic year
- Must demonstrate financial need
- Priority will be given to students from Vergenoeg and surrounding areas
VERGENOEG MINING COMPANY BURSARY COVERS:
- Prescribed textbooks
- Accommodation (On and off campus)
VERGENOEG MINING COMPANY REQUIRED DOCUMENTS:
- Certified copy of South African ID
- Certified copy of Matric certificate/statement
- Academic record- if currently studying
- Acceptance letter
- Motivational letter, stating why you deserve to be chosen as a beneficiary of the bursary
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
Certified copies must not be older than THREE months
How to apply for the Vergenoeg Mining Company Bursary - 2024
Applications must be submitted online and here's how you can apply for Vergenoeg Mining Company Bursary.
- Visit the Vergenoeg Mine HERE
- Register an account (you will need a working email address that you have access to)
- After successfully registering you will be sent a confirmation link to your email address and be asked to set up a password for your account.
- After setting up the password, you will be prompted to login with your email address and password you set up.
- Login and the “Vergenoeg Mining Company Application Portal” page will come up
- Click on Bursaries
- Click on APPLY FOR A BURSARY tab
- The Bursary Application form will come up
- Complete the application form and attach all the required documents
- Submit your application
Note: It is important to select the correct reference application number when applying, reference numbers are according to the field you are studying:
- Mining Engineering: Bur/001/2024
- Bachelor of Science: Geology Bur/002/2024
- Mechanical Engineering: Bur/003/2024
- Mining: Bur/004/2024
- Engineering: Bur/005/2024
- Plant (Lab Chemistry/Metallurgy): Bur/006/2024
- Instrument Tech/Mechanic: Bur/007/2024
- Non-Technical Bursary: (any Discipline) Bur/008/2024
The closing date for the Vergenoeg Mining Company Bursary is on the 31st of January 2024. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. For more information visit the Vergenoeg Mining Company website.
For any queries contact RMG:
Tel: 012 543 2971
Don't forget to share this post to your friends and family. Apply before the deadline.